List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 25 2002 3:10am
Subject:Re: Grant all on my mysql.*
View as plain text
At 18:09 -0500 3/24/02, alan4100 wrote:
>mysql
>
>mysql> Grant all on mysql.* to 'root'@'localhost' identified by "password";
>Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
>At this point the priveleges are granted to root@localhost.
>
>mysql> \q
>Bye
>I had to type \q to quit and type in the following:
>
>But ..... see what happened when I then typed in below..
>C:\mysql\bin>mysql -u root -h localhost
>
>ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)
>
>I am asking why my access is still denied after I was GRANTED in the
>beginning!!!
>C:\mysql\bin>

In the GRANT statement, you specified that from that point on
root would need to specify a password in order to connect.

In the subsequent mysql command, you attempted to connect as root,
but you specified no password.

You see why those actions are self-contradictory? :-)
Thread
Grant all on my mysql.*alan410025 Mar
  • Re: Grant all on my mysql.*Michael Stassen25 Mar
  • Re: Grant all on my mysql.*Paul DuBois25 Mar
Re: Grant all on my mysql.*alan410025 Mar