List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 24 2002 10:28pm
Subject:Re: Table created on script Err
View as plain text
At 12:20 -0500 3/24/02, alan4100 wrote:
>After creating a script to create customer table for Meet_a_Geek
>with an editor and named it 032302.sql. It was saved in the folder
>called.
>
>c:\my download files\.
>
>Then at at the mysql\bin> prompt I typed
>mysql c:\my download files\032302.sql. hoping that this table would
>be readed and created in the process, but the display read error
>1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near c:\my download
>files\032302.sql.

 From the description of your error, it sounds like you had *already* invoked
mysql and then typed that command at the mysql> prompt.

Try this from the DOS prompt to invoke mysql with its input redirected
to your file:

mysql < "c:\my download file\032302.sql"
Thread
Table created on script Erralan410024 Mar
  • Re: Table created on script ErrPaul DuBois24 Mar
Re: Table created on script Erralan410025 Mar
  • Re: Table created on script ErrGerald Clark25 Mar
  • Re: Table created on script Erralan410025 Mar
    • Re: Table created on script ErrPaul DuBois25 Mar
  • Re: Table created on script Erralan410025 Mar
  • Re: Table created on script Erralan410025 Mar
    • Re: Table created on script ErrPaul DuBois25 Mar
  • Re: Table created on script Erralan410026 Mar