List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:March 22 2002 10:13pm
Subject:Re: FreeBSD+MySQL
View as plain text
In the last episode (Mar 22), Ozette Brown said:
> Dan,
>
> I guess I'm not hitting my systems openfile limit because I do not see "file table
> full"
> in my /var/log/messages.
> Here's the other info you inquired about:
>
> m1# sysctl kern.maxfiles kern.maxfilesperproc kern.openfiles
> kern.maxfiles: 8232
> kern.maxfilesperproc: 8232
> kern.openfiles: 808
> m1# limits -n
> limits: option requires an argument -- n
> Resource limits (current):
>   openfiles            8232

Looks good.

> m1# mysql -e "show variables like 'table_cache'"
> +---------------+-------+
> | Variable_name | Value |
> +---------------+-------+
> | table_cache   | 256   |
> +---------------+-------+
>
> m1# mysql -e "show status like 'Open%'"
> +---------------+-------+
> | Variable_name | Value |
> +---------------+-------+
> | Open_tables   | 256   |
> | Open_files    | 446   |
> | Open_streams  | 0     |
> | Opened_tables | 6114  |
> +---------------+-------+

Ok, this is bad :)  I should have also asked what your mysqld uptime
was at this point.  6144 table opens is pretty high even for a couple
days of uptime, though.  Try bumping table_cache up to 512 and see what
happens.  Keep bumping it up until Opened_tables stops increasing.

/var/db/mysql/my.cnf :

[mysqld]
set-variable = table_cache=512

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
    • Re: FreeBSD+MySQLOzette Brown22 Mar
      • Re: FreeBSD+MySQLDan Nelson22 Mar
        • Re: FreeBSD+MySQLAndrey Kotrekhov25 Mar