List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Reina Date:March 22 2002 11:40pm
Subject:Please Help. Problem installing
View as plain text
I am not sure what the heck the problem is.  I'm trying to install mysql
(client) on a RH 7.2 box.  When I run ./configure --without-server I get
a bunch of messages about mysql passwords being changed and mysql daemon
being started with databases from /install directory -- sorry I can't
include the exact messages but I have no way of retrieving the messages
from that box.

I then try to run make I get:

make: *** no targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

I would be very grateful for any ideas as to what the problem might be
even any hints or pointers, as I am totally clueless.

Richard

Thread
Please Help. Problem installingRichard Reina22 Mar