List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:March 22 2002 7:17pm
Subject:Re: FreeBSD+MySQL
View as plain text
In the last episode (Mar 22), Ozette Brown said:
> Andrey,
>
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> I read somewhere that when checking your maximum file descriptors your
> "kern.maxfiles
> should be greater than kern.maxfilesperproc.  My settings are:
> kern.maxfiles = 8232
> kern.maxfilesperproc = 8232
> So, with that said, my kern.maxfiles should be much higher, no (based on your
> reply)?

If you're really hitting the system's open-file limit, you will see
"file table full" errors in /var/log/messages.  I really doubt this,
though, because you would have problems running anything on the system
if this were the case.  You're probably hitting a per-user resource limit
or need to bump up table_cache in mysql.

What do the following print out (run them after the server has been up
a while):

sysctl kern.maxfiles kern.maxfilesperproc kern.openfiles
limits -n
mysql -e "show variables like 'table_cache'"
mysql -e "show status like 'Open%'"

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
    • Re: FreeBSD+MySQLOzette Brown22 Mar
      • Re: FreeBSD+MySQLDan Nelson22 Mar
        • Re: FreeBSD+MySQLAndrey Kotrekhov25 Mar