List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 26 1999 4:02pm
Subject:problems about compiling Mysql
View as plain text
<cut>

Dear Sir(Madam):
    Hello! I am one user of the Mysql system.I need to recompilate Mysql =
for IBM AIX(RS6000)4.2 with c compiler of IBM not gcc or c++.
    When I entered system as "root" and typed as followed:

# ./configure --prefix=3D/usr/local/mysql

checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... =
no
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc

The above is ok.
checking whether the C compiler (cc   ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc   ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... no
checking for c++... no
checking for g++... no
checking for gcc... no
checking for CC... no
checking for cxx... no
checking for cc++... no
checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc   ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot create
executables.

THe above means that you don't have a C++ compiler (MySQL requires
C++).  Please check that you have a C++ compiler in your path. If you
don't have one, your only option is to get one or use gcc / egcs !

Regards,
Monty
Thread
problems about compiling Mysqlwangmei26 Mar
  • problems about compiling MysqlMichael Widenius26 Mar
  • Re: problems about compiling Mysqlmsvd28 Mar