List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andreas Frøsting Date:March 21 2002 4:49pm
Subject:RE: server startup error on linux
View as plain text
> I assume that the mysql daemon is looking for one of those
> owned by mysql.
>
> The server will start if I send the --skip-grant-tables option
>
> Who wants to run a database with no grant tables????

Find out where your databases are located.
Think /var/db/mysql is the default.

Go there and type:

  chown -Rf mysql:mysql *

to change ownership of databases and tables.

Note that mysql:mysql is user:group and if the mysql-user and/or group
is different from 'mysql' you should change it.

:wq
//andreas
http://phpwizard.dk (in Danish only)
sql, query

Thread
server startup error on linuxRance Hall21 Mar
  • RE: server startup error on linuxAndreas Frøsting21 Mar
RE: server startup error on linuxAndreas Frøsting21 Mar
Re: Server startup error on LinuxRance Hall21 Mar
Re: Server startup error on LinuxEgor Egorov22 Mar
Re: Server startup error on LinuxRance Hall22 Mar
Re: Server startup error on LinuxEgor Egorov22 Mar
Re: Server startup error on LinuxRance Hall23 Mar
Re: Server startup error on LinuxEgor Egorov25 Mar