List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 26 1999 3:57pm
Subject:how can MySQL be restarted automatically on virtual serve?
View as plain text
>>>>> "Verle" == Verle Harrison <batterywholesale@stripped>
> writes:

Verle> Hi folks:
Verle> I am using MySQL 3.22.13b running on Solaris.  I am on a virtual server and I
Verle> own MySQL, I installed it from a binary distribution and it runs in my space.

Verle> I would like it to restart when ever the real server box is restarted.  I
Verle> provided my hosting company with the startup string I use to restart MySQL. All
Verle> paths in the string are full paths.  They tell me that they can't get it to
Verle> restart automatically, even though they put the line in their start up file.

Verle> Surely this is possible, can anyone give me a suggestion?

Hi!

If you are using the binary version, you have to start mysqld as
follows:

/bin/sh -c 'cd mysql-installation-dir ; ./bin/safe_mysqld > /dev/null 2>&1
&'

The above should work nicely

Regards,
Monty
Thread
how can MySQL be restarted automatically on virtual serve?(Verle Harrison)26 Mar
  • Re: how can MySQL be restarted automatically on virtual serve?Sasha Pachev26 Mar
    • Re: how can MySQL be restarted automatically on virtual serve?Michael Widenius28 Mar
  • how can MySQL be restarted automatically on virtual serve?Michael Widenius26 Mar