List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 20 2002 10:41pm
Subject:Re: Adding Columns to table
View as plain text
At 15:30 -0500 3/20/02, alan4100 wrote:
>I am creating a database called Meet_a_Geek at MS DOS prompt. The
>customer table has about 30 fields..no time counting..but I noticed
>that I cannot go beyond 9 fields without ending with a semicolon.

The mysql program does not require that you enter an entire query on a single
line.  Just enter it over the source of several lines, ending the last
one with a semicolon.

>  Also another problem crops up when I tried to recreate the customer
>table with the remaining fields yet to be created. The error message
>says "Customer Table existed".
>
>Is there a windows program that I can input all at once with ease? I
>know more questions are keeping coming in...Please just refer me to
>good tutorial sites so I can continue and finish this assignment.
>
>You may take a glance at my assignment below from cut and paste with
>dos editor.
>
>mysql> use Meet_a_Geek;
>Database changed
>mysql> create table customers (Customer_ID INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY
>AUTO_INCREME
>NT, First_Name VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL, LAst_Name VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL);
>Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
>
>mysql> show tables from Meet_a_Geek;
>+-----------------------+
>| Tables_in_Meet_a_Geek |
>+-----------------------+
>| customers             |
>+-----------------------+
>1 row in set (0.01 sec)
>
>mysql> create table customers (Customer_ID INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY
>AUTO_INCREME
>NT, First_Name VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL, LAst_Name VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL,
>address VAR
>CHAR(50), City VARCHAR(20), State VARCHAR(2), Zip VARCHAR(20),
>E_Mail VARCHAR(20
>), Age INT);
>ERROR 1050: Table 'customers' already exists
>mysql> create table customers (Customer_ID INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY
>AUTO_INCREME
>NT, First_Name VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL, LAst_Name VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL,
>address VAR
>CHAR(50), City VARCHAR(20), State VARCHAR(2), Zip VARCHAR(20),
>E_Mail VARCHAR(20
>), Age INT);

Thread
Adding Columns to tablealan410020 Mar
  • Re: Adding Columns to tableColin Faber20 Mar
    • Re: Adding Columns to tableAllon Bendavid21 Mar
  • Re: Adding Columns to tablePaul DuBois20 Mar
  • Re: Adding Columns to tablealan410021 Mar
RE: Adding Columns to tableTony21 Mar