List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Miller Date:March 26 1999 4:06pm
Subject:Table corruption
View as plain text
We are having a lot of trouble with one of our tables frequently becoming
corrupted.  This table received about 3 INSERTS or REPLACEs per second.
When I remove and recreate the table it takes about 1-2 days to become
corrupted again.  The INSERTS are coming from 2 different clients.  I am
wondering if there are settings we can tweak to help this situation.

System information follows:

MySQL Server version 3.22.11-beta-log
Slackware Linux version 2.0.34

+----------------------+---------------------------------+
| Variable_name        | Value                           |
+----------------------+---------------------------------+
| back_log             | 5                               |
| connect_timeout      | 5                               |
| basedir              | /usr/local/                     |
| datadir              | /usr/local/mysql/data/          |
| join_buffer          | 131072                          |
| key_buffer           | 1048568                         |
| language             | /usr/local/share/mysql/english/ |
| log                  | ON                              |
| long_query_time      | 10                              |
| low_priority_updates | OFF                             |
| max_allowed_packet   | 1048576                         |
| max_connections      | 90                              |
| max_connect_errors   | 32767                           |
| max_join_size        | 4294967295                      |
| max_sort_length      | 1024                            |
| net_buffer_length    | 16384                           |
| port                 | 3306                            |
| record_buffer        | 131072                          |
| skip_locking         | ON                              |
| socket               | /tmp/mysql.sock                 |
| sort_buffer          | 2097144                         |
| table_cache          | 64                              |
| thread_stack         | 65536                           |
| tmp_table_size       | 1048576                         |
| tmpdir               | /tmp                            |
| update_log           | OFF                             |
| wait_timeout         | 28800                           |
+----------------------+---------------------------------+

#
# Table structure for table 'usertime'
#
CREATE TABLE usertime (
  id varchar(20) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
  time_on int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
  name varchar(80) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
  server varchar(15) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
  port smallint(6),
  port_type smallint(6),
  service_type smallint(6),
  protocol smallint(6),
  ip varchar(15),
  call_to varchar(15),
  call_from varchar(15),
  InBytes int(11),
  OutBytes int(11),
  term_cause smallint(6) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
  auth smallint(6),
  stop_time datetime DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00' NOT NULL,
  start_time datetime DEFAULT '1997-01-01 00:00:00' NOT NULL,
  ts timestamp(14),
  time_on_day int(11) DEFAULT '-1' NOT NULL,
  connect_info varchar(20),
  CallSplit tinyint(1) DEFAULT 1 NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (server,id,name),
  KEY time_on (time_on),
  KEY nametime (name,start_time,stop_time)
);

Thanks,
Jay Miller
Socket Internet Services
Columbia, MO, US

Thread
Table corruptionJay Miller26 Mar
  • Re: regarding libmysqlclient and libmysqlclient_rSinisa Milivojevic12 Apr