List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Young Sul Date:March 20 2002 3:13am
Subject:High Availability questions
View as plain text
Hi,

I've got a website that uses a mysql backend database. Due to the way in
which
the database and development has been architected, I'm unable to
load-balance
the database between multiple DB servers, taking advantage of replication
inherent
in mysql. (this is due largely to developmental constraints, and heavy use
of write
only session-management)

I *need* to somehow mirror and create a decent failover environment for my
database.

Currently, I mirror the master DB on another server, and can switch over
...manually...
if the master dies.

I'm wondering if others on this list have encountered a similar situation --
how did
you finally architect your DB environment?

TIA,

-y

Thread
High Availability questionsYoung Sul20 Mar
  • Re: High Availability questionsMichael Bacarella20 Mar
  • Re: High Availability questionsTomasz Korycki20 Mar
  • Re: High Availability questionsJames Housley20 Mar
  • Re: High Availability questionsandy thomas20 Mar