List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ken Menzel Date:March 19 2002 10:14pm
Subject:Re: MySQL, FreeBSD problem
View as plain text
Hi Brad,
  You are running out of file descriptors,  type this:
kes# sysctl -a | grep files
kern.maxfiles: 20000
kern.maxfilesperproc: 18000
kern.openfiles: 5230
kes# limit -h
cputime         unlimited
filesize        unlimited
datasize        1048576 kbytes
stacksize       262144 kbytes
coredumpsize    unlimited
memoryuse       unlimited
descriptors     18000
memorylocked    unlimited
maxproc         4115

You probably increased the number of tables in my.cnf and did not
allocate enough descriptors for the process.

use sysctl to increase the number of available descriptors.

Ken