List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brad Phinney Date:March 19 2002 8:47pm
Subject:MySQL, FreeBSD problem
View as plain text
Hello all.

I have an application that does a lot of table creation and writing for
a FreeBSD 4.4 SMP machine.  Over time, I begin to see the following
errors.

DBD::mysql::db tables failed: Can't read dir of './p0_samt_trans/' (Errcode: 2) at
/var/SAMT/code/SAMTlib/SAMTdb.pm line 2552, <FILE> chunk 138.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'p3_samt_trans.p3_int_sender_2_12_0' doesn't exist at
/var/SAMT/code/SAMTlib/SAMTdb.pm line 2301, <FILE> chunk 138.

These errors seem to happen for no reason.  If I issue a select, do or
anything else 2 seconds later, I get no errors.  The table in question
above does in fact exist, although MySQL claims that it does not.

The machine (or mysql for that matter) is not under particularly heavy
load.  It simply occassionally just cant read a database directory for
some reason or another.  A fraction of a second later, the same command
will work fine.

Now, I am using the 3.23.47 Free BSD binary from the MySQL site on this
machine.

I notice that the problem continues to get worse as time goes on.  If I
restart mysqld however, the problem seems to go away for  a bit.  But
after 2-3 days, the problem comes back.

Any ideas? thoughts?

Any assistance with this problem would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Thread
MySQL, FreeBSD problemBrad Phinney19 Mar
  • Re: MySQL, FreeBSD problemColin Faber19 Mar
  • Re: MySQL, FreeBSD problemKen Menzel19 Mar
  • Re: MySQL, FreeBSD problemDan Nelson19 Mar