List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Reina Date:March 19 2002 6:09pm
Subject:Re: Minimum client.
View as plain text
Thank you for the reply.  However, unfortunately the documentation that
you refer to -- while instructive in respect to DBI usage -- does not
answer my question, which is simply:

Must I install MySQL on a client workstation/PC in order to run perl/DBI
scripts that query a local MySQL server?

I know I do need to install DBI, DBD:MySQL, however, I'm not sure what,
if anything else I need to install on the client?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard

John Eacrett wrote:

>Richard,
>  I found some information at the URL below that I think you will find
>interesting.  I think if you utilize this API, you will not need to install
>MySQL.  I am just guessing however, as I have no knowledge of Perl.  Good
>Luck.
>
>Regards,
>John
>
>http://mysql.turbolift.com/mysql/DBD_3.21.X.php3

Thread
Minimum client.Richard Reina18 Mar
  • Re: Minimum client.Richard Reina19 Mar
    • Re: Minimum client.Jamie Harris19 Mar