List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wayne Cease Date:March 26 1999 3:36pm
Subject:problem with mysql hanging
View as plain text
I'm having a problem with mysql hanging on me.  It just started a day or
two ago.  It's someone else's box, so I haven't been able to drag out of
them what changes have been made.

It was running 3.22.15-gamma.  So, thinking that might be the problem I
installed 3.22.20a from source, compiled it on their box, for static
linking only.  It's RedHat 5.2.

Here's the output from a ps ax | grep mysql:

  933  p0 S    0:00 sh ./safe_mysqld
 1668  p0 S N  0:00 /usr/local/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/usr/local
--datadir=/us
 1670  p0 Z N  0:00 (mysqld <zombie>)
 1671  p0 S N  0:00 /usr/local/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/usr/local
--datadir=/us

I can't kill 1670, but I can kill 1668 and and all of the threads (1668,
1670 and 1671) get restarted with new pids.  And things go fine until it
happens again, which is _very_ often now.

mysqadmin version reports:

mysqladmin  Ver 7.8 Distrib 3.22.20a, for pc-linux-gnu on i686
TCX Datakonsult AB, by Monty

Server version          3.22.20a
Protocol version        10
Connection              Localhost via UNIX socket
UNIX socket             /tmp/mysql.sock
Uptime:                 4 sec

Threads: 1  Questions: 1  Slow queries: 0  Opens: 6  Flush tables: 1
Open tables: 2

Any good suggestions on what to look for?  I am not use to mysql doing
this, it is generally a very stable data base.  So, I'm not sure what is
getting in it's way.

--
Wayne Cease
wayne@stripped

Phone: (404) 277-0544
Fax:   (770) 801-1646
Thread
problem with mysql hangingWayne Cease26 Mar
  • problem with mysql hangingMichael Widenius26 Mar