List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 19 2002 2:17am
Subject:Re: How to use "edit" in mysqlc?
View as plain text
At 19:45 -0800 3/18/02, Richard Trahan wrote:
>I like mysqlc because of the command line editing capability, but I
>can't find any documentation on this utility. Specifically, I haven't
>been able to figure out how "edit" works.

Good question.  I suspect that it's a mistake for it to be listed
in the mysqlc help message.  If you try a currrent version of mysql,
the help message doesn't list edit for Windows.  The source file
mysql.cc has this:

#ifndef __WIN__
   { "edit",   'e', com_edit,   0, "Edit command with $EDITOR."},
#endif

My guess is that you're out of luck.  I've tried to get edit in mysqlc
to work under Windows, with no success.

>Any help, please.

Thread
How to use "edit" in mysqlc?Richard Trahan19 Mar
  • Re: How to use "edit" in mysqlc?Paul DuBois19 Mar