List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher Gray Date:March 26 1999 2:53pm
Subject:Limiting the number of children
View as plain text
Is there a way to limit the number of children that mysqld spawns?  Every once in a
while, I'll see child processes (up to 10, in one case) when I know that the mysql
server is not being used.

Are the child processes supposed to die off after a while, or is there a way to limit
the number of processes that are spawned?

Thanks,

Chris

= Christopher T. Gray                  Email: cgray@stripped       =
= Network Administrator                HTTP:  http://www.planitia.net  =
= PlanitiaNet, Ltd.                    PGP Key: cgray-pgp@stripped =
  "You can't trust your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
						      -- Mark Twain

Thread
Limiting the number of childrenChristopher Gray26 Mar
  • Re: Limiting the number of childrenChristian Mack27 Mar
  • Limiting the number of childrenMichael Widenius28 Mar