List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Ramsch Date:August 16 1999 1:44pm
Subject:Re: Charsets other than latin1 badly handles keys on tables.
View as plain text
On Mon, 1999-08-16 13:29:48 +0200, Ondrej Sury wrote:
>     When using charsets other than default (ie. latin1) (I have
> tested latin2 and czech), it corrupts tables and badly recognizes
> characters when using unique keys.  I'll tell more with examples.

Hi Ondrej,

this sound exatly like the symptoms described in the MySQL manual
chapter "4.7.3 Typical configure options":

| [...] --with-charset=CHARSET
| Warning: If you change character sets after having created any
| tables, you will have to run isamchk -r -q on every table. Your
| indexes may be sorted incorrectly otherwise. (This can happen if you
| install MySQL, create some tables, then reconfigure MySQL to use a
| different character set and reinstall it.)

So try re-organizing your tables with "isamchk -r -q", please.  That
should help ..."

It definitely would be much nicer, if MySQL would recognize such
charset mismatches automatically and issue an understandable error
message at least.  (I haven't looked at the new V3.23.2, yet, so
that issues may be solved already?)

Regards,
  Martin
Charsets other than latin1 badly handles keys on tables.Ondrej Sury16 Aug
  • Re: Charsets other than latin1 badly handles keys on tables.Martin Ramsch16 Aug
    • Re: Charsets other than latin1 badly handles keys on tables.Michael Widenius21 Aug