List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 15 2002 4:47am
Subject:Re: Permissions Question
View as plain text
At 20:27 -0700 3/14/02, Mike Hillyer wrote:
>I am trying to make a database system in MYSQL, but I need to restrict
>access to certain records in a table, is there any way to only allow access
>to records in a table that have a field matching a certain value?

MySQL's access system can restrict access to the server, to databases,
to tables, and to columns within tables.  But there are no row-based
restrictions.  You'd need to enforce those from within your own applications.

>Mike
Thread
Permissions QuestionMike Hillyer15 Mar
  • Re: Permissions QuestionPaul DuBois15 Mar