List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 15 2002 2:36am
Subject:Re: How MySQL handles variables
View as plain text
At 1:25 +0000 3/15/02, GEORGE KONSTANTINOY LEKEAS wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I would like to ask a simple question about the way
>MySQL handles string variabels. Say i have a variable
>whose value is foo and I want to change it to foobar.
>
>Instead of doing it the 'typical' way, I would like to
>ask whether there is any mysql command that will allow
>me to say read the value of the variable and then
>append bar to it.

What's the typical way, and what's wrong with it?

>I look forward to hearing from you soon.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>George

Thread
How MySQL handles variablesGEORGE KONSTANTINOY LEKEAS15 Mar
  • Re: How MySQL handles variablesPaul DuBois15 Mar
  • Re: How MySQL handles variablesDoug Thompson15 Mar
  • Re: How MySQL handles variablesDL Neil15 Mar
Re: How MySQL handles variablesDL Neil15 Mar