List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 14 2002 9:11pm
Subject:RE: problem in telent to mysql server
View as plain text
At 14:46 -0600 3/14/02, Todd Williamsen wrote:
>I didn't realize you were trying to telnet to a client.  You cannot do
>that.  You need to telnet to the SERVER.  Whatever the server is

He *is* telnet-ing to the server (port 3306 is the server port).
But it doesn't make sense.  A Web server might be willing to speak
ASCII to you.  The MySQL server is not.

>You need to make sure the user you are trying to use has access rights
>for the user for telnet

Thread
where are my.cnf anf mysql log file.Jianping Zhu14 Mar
  • problem in telent to mysql serverJianping Zhu14 Mar
    • RE: problem in telent to mysql serverTodd Williamsen14 Mar
      • RE: problem in telent to mysql serverJianping Zhu14 Mar
    • Re: problem in telent to mysql serverPaul DuBois14 Mar
      • RE: problem in telent to mysql serverTodd Williamsen14 Mar
        • RE: problem in telent to mysql serverPaul DuBois14 Mar
          • RE: problem in telent to mysql serverJianping Zhu14 Mar
            • RE: problem in telent to mysql serverPaul DuBois14 Mar
  • Re: where are my.cnf anf mysql log file.ds14 Mar
RE: problem in telent to mysql serverKenneth Hylton14 Mar