List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ken Kimball Date:March 26 1999 2:24pm
Subject:RE: <Holy War>
View as plain text
Ok, I have to get in on this one.  SEQUEL stands for Structured English
Query Language, which was the original roots for SQL, which stands
simply for Structured Query Language.  If I remember the texts that I've
read correctly, the term SEQUEL was dropped in the late 80's (maybe
early 90's) in favor of the term SQL.  So unless your referring to the
early days of SQL the pronunciation is S-Q-L.

Just my 2 cents....

Ken Kimball [kkimball2mossinc.com]
Network Admin,
Moss, Inc.