List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:August 15 1999 9:06pm
Subject:Re: Why Microsoft uses MySQL (was: hang on disk full)
View as plain text
Martin Edelius wrote:

> >>We are happy that Microsoft is using MySQL, but we would like to know
> >>for what purpuse !
>
> To see what they can use in the next release of their own SQL server of
> course. 8)
>
> Best regards,
> Martin Edelius
>
> Spirex Digital Design

I am too lazy to find the original message, but let me make a brief
summary for those who have not followed this thread. Somebody aparently
from Microsoft was asking what MySQL will do in the disk full condition
caused by the 20 MB limit on a virtual server.

This made me laugh a bit. If the poster is really affiliated with
Microsoft and Microsoft is really interested in this issue, WHY? A
company like Microsoft should be able to afford a better solution than
some lame virtual server with a 20 MB limit.

Maybe the poster just spoofed a Microsoft address (not too hard to do
:-) ), and is just pulling our leg.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com