List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sanjay Chigurupati Date:March 8 2002 4:19am
Subject:Reg Foreign Key
View as plain text
Hi,
Should I or shouldn't I explicitly specify the foreign
key in Mysql? If I am not mistaken, Mysql handles
foreign keys automatically at query time and we need
not explicitly specify the foreign key.

But, will the database detect error when  I enter
non-existent value for a foreign key?

Do I need to explicitly specify foreign key when
creating table?

If I have to, can I use Alter table to modify table
that has been already created?

Thanks,
Sanjay Chigurupati