List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Hunter Date:March 8 2002 3:43am
Subject:Re: delete after undo
View as plain text

    Paul> You can undo them using your backup.  Otherwise, no.

Well, since my backup is a couple of weeks old, this bites.

Before I give up hope entirely, I notice that the file
mysql/var/seizure/surgery.MYD is not empty, and has the values from
the table before the delete in it.  Although it is a binary file,
because it has large text fields I can read enough of it with 'less'
to see that the data is still there.  (The database/table in question
is seizure/surgery)

So, are you really, really sure there is no way to get at this
information with mysql?  It has not been deleted from the filesystem
yet...

Thanks,
John Hunter

sql, select  (spam filter evador)