List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arjen Lentz Date:March 8 2002 12:57am
Subject:Re: making " : " an allowable character in tables & colums
View as plain text
Hi Joseph,

On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 08:33, joseph.chillari@stripped wrote:
> Access can do it, & I have queries in access that need to be able to read
> the data I imported into Mysql from access.
> Can it be done, if so how

(hello fellow Australian ;-)

Well, you can stuff pretty much anything into a column name if you quote
it in backticks: `some thing:bla.bla`.
Maybe that knowledge will help?

Naturally, it's nicer to not have funny characters in db/table/column
names. Avoids confusion, errors, and makes things portable. Other RDBMS
will be even more picky than MySQL.

Regards,
Arjen.

--
MySQL Training in Brisbane: 18-22 March, http://www.mysql.com/training/

Thread
making " : " an allowable character in tables & columsjoseph.chillari7 Mar
  • Re: making " : " an allowable character in tables & columsDan Nelson7 Mar
  • Re: making " : " an allowable character in tables & columsArjen Lentz8 Mar
Re: making " : " an allowable character in tables & columsDan Nelson8 Mar
  • Reg Foreign KeySanjay Chigurupati8 Mar