List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Ramsch Date:August 14 1999 3:52pm
Subject:Re: Two part key
View as plain text
On Sat, 1999-08-14 08:29:34 -0400, Urb LeJeune wrote:
> 	I know the simple answer, break them apart.

And that's actually your only option ... :)

> 	If the key is passed to a script in one field containing
> both components (in proper order) is there a way of saying
> something link;
>
>      WHERE ( ........... = $Index)

No, that's not possible.  And I even think implementing something like
that would be a bad idea, because then your queries suddenly would
depend on the existence of indexes and not only on the table
definitions.  But indexes shouldn't have an impact on the semantics of
a db, just on the performance ...

Regards,
  Martin
MySQL logsSanjay Sharma14 Aug