List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:March 26 1999 1:15pm
Subject:Re: Mysql/Perl Question?
View as plain text
Thanks, but no that is what I have already.  I would like the ability to
give the user five drop down menus displaying all 30 fields from a database,
allowing them to choose a field in each from the table in any order they
choose and then have a page where this information is displayed in a tables
beginning with  the headings of each field and then the search results from
the five selected choices.  This would be very helpful in a large database
when you only want certain info.

I've built an inventory form for the college with over 30 fields and it
works great, but I don't need to pull up all the data from each record all
the time and I could write a static search, but I thought it would be fun to
learn something new.  I guess I need to learn how to parse the value that
the user chooses so that mysql can read the variable, but I'm a painter not
a computer programmer.

Can anyone help?

Douglas

PS  Micheal, thanks again,

Micheal Mc Evoy wrote:

> Doug,
> Look at http://www.whitepine.com/geneology/ssdrecs.html
>
> Is this sort of what you are thinking about?
>
> If it is I'll send the Perl code.
>
> Micheal
>
> ---
> Micheal Mc Evoy                                    mjmc@stripped
>                                              http://www.whitepine.com
>
> WhitePine Consulting supports the Free Software Foundation and it ideals
> by promoting, using and supporting Open Source, GNU and GPL'd Software.

Thread
Mysql/Perl Question?Douglas Brantz26 Mar
  • Re: Mysql/Perl Question?Sasha Pachev26 Mar
Re: Mysql/Perl Question?Douglas Brantz26 Mar
  • Re: Mysql/Perl Question?Micheal Mc Evoy26 Mar
Re: Mysql/Perl Question?Alexander Keremidarski28 Mar