List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:shiam Date:March 3 2002 9:59pm
Subject:change column to not null in MySQL
View as plain text
Is there any way in mysql to change a column that contains data
from null = yes to be not null.

I want to enforce users to enter some value in column_x that was
not a required field until now, by setting the column to not accept
any record where column_x is null, is there any way to do this
without distorting current data (I guess I will have to give some
bogus value for all the data field's that are now null before I can
change this).?

If the column type cannot be changed what's the recommended
way of doing something like this.

Thanks

Shia
Shia Meisels
B&H Photo Video
212-239-7500 Ext. 2158
http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Thread
change column to not null in MySQLshiam3 Mar
  • Re: change column to not null in MySQLPaul DuBois4 Mar
  • RE: change column to not null in MySQLAl Caponi4 Mar
    • RE: change column to not null in MySQLPaul DuBois4 Mar