List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 2 2002 12:16am
Subject:Re: using a datetime def in a column...
View as plain text
At 18:07 -0600 3/1/02, Alex Behrens wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I can't figure this out for the life of me, but since I'm rather new I know
>its a simple problem. I created a table an one of the rows has a 'datetime'
>for the defintions and everytime I instert data into the table it just comes
>up as, "00-00-0000 00:00:00.

That's pretty strange.  MySQL always stores and reports dates by default
in year-month-day order.  I'd expect that if you store a date not in that
format, that it would convert it to zero but display it as
"0000-00-00 00:00:00".

>   what is the proper way to insert data into a
>row like this so it will show up with the date that I want it to show up as?
>what is the proper input for MYSQL to use this type of column?
>
>Thanks!
>-Alex "Big Al" Behrens
>E-mail: bigal@stripped
>Urgent E-mail: bigal-cell@stripped (Please be brief!)
>Phone: 651-482-8779
>Cell: 651-329-4187
>Fax: 651-482-1391
>ICQ: 3969599
>Owner of the 3D-Unlimited Network:
>http://www.3d-unlimited.com
>Send News:
>news@stripped

Thread
using a datetime def in a column...Alex Behrens2 Mar
  • Re: using a datetime def in a column...Paul DuBois2 Mar
  • Re: using a datetime def in a column...Alex Behrens2 Mar