List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:August 13 1999 3:16pm
Subject:Re: Security Between Client/Server
View as plain text
sinisa@stripped wrote:

> FRed writes:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > I would like update, insert confidential data over the Net. What is the
>  > best method to secure data exchange ? and how will it cost ?
>  >
>  >
>  >            Frédéric Fillon
>
> Hi!
>
> You have not explained are you gonna do it through classical client -
> server communication, or over WWW.
>
> In the first case the only solution, for the moment, is using
> compression.
>
> In the sacond case, use SSL+Apache.
>
> Sinisa

Hi Frederic and Sinisa

If you work entirely on Linux/Unix/Solaris, you could use ssh to tunnel your connections
to the mysql server (don't know if there is any ssh implementation for Win32).
You need a valid Unix user account to establish the ssh.

This will cost you processor time to encrypt and decrypt.
And it will cost you time to install ssh on your machines.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Security Between Client/ServerFRed12 Aug
  • Security Between Client/Serversinisa13 Aug
  • Re: Security Between Client/ServerChristian Mack13 Aug