List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 13 1999 2:26pm
Subject:Re: mysqld restarting itself?
View as plain text
At 10:09 AM -0400 8/13/99, Aaron Bush wrote:
>I have installed the HPUX pre-compiled binary version 3.22.25 from
>ftp://www.mysql.com/pub/mysql/Downloads/MySQL-3.22
>
>In the hostname.err log I have this:
>=====
>mysqld restarted on Wed Aug 11 23:18:14 EDT 1999
>/opt/mysql/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
>mysqld restarted on Thu Aug 12 11:28:37 EDT 1999
>/opt/mysql/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
>mysqld restarted on Thu Aug 12 14:44:59 EDT 1999
>/opt/mysql/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
>
>The problem being that I did not restart the mysqld server??
>I started the server by /opt/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld &
>If I do a ps and look for *mysql* I see that safe_mysqld has been running
>since the original start date by root, however the libexec/mysqld reflects
>the last restart date in the log file?
>I don't have an cron jobs that would kill this.

Perhaps there is a query that kills the server.  If you start the server
via safe_mysqld, it should notice that the server has gone down and
restart it.  You might check the log for the times noted above
to see if you can determine whether or not the problem can be tied
to some particular query.  For example, I have found under FreeBSD
recently that "SELECT ACOS(2)" kills the server with a floating
exception.  (2 is an invalid argument to ACOS(), although I guess
it shouldn't bring the server down...)

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread