List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:March 26 1999 12:22pm
Subject:Re: how can MySQL be restarted automatically on virtual serve?
View as plain text
Verle Harrison wrote:

> Hi folks:
>
> I am using MySQL 3.22.13b running on Solaris.  I am on a virtual server and I
> own MySQL, I installed it from a binary distribution and it runs in my space.
>
> I would like it to restart when ever the real server box is restarted.  I
> provided my hosting company with the startup string I use to restart MySQL. All
> paths in the string are full paths.  They tell me that they can't get it to
> restart automatically, even though they put the line in their start up file.
>
> Surely this is possible, can anyone give me a suggestion?

Can you send us your /etc/rc.d/ stuff pertaining to mysql along with all
the paths. There is probably something stupid they are doing, like not
putting the correct links to the start-up in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d or
something else of a similar nature. That's why I don't like messing with
virutual servers, sometimes you just what to have root access and not
have to beg some else about doing something simple.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com