List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 26 2002 11:16pm
Subject:Re: Zero's not being inputted in mysql database
View as plain text
At 15:00 -0800 2/26/02, Scott Broderick wrote:
>Hello group! I am a newbe to this listing.
>
>What I am attempting to do is pass a number like "0123456" to a field in the
>mysql database which is setup as int(11) but for some reason, the zero is
>not
>written into the database but instead all that is written into that field is
>"123456"
>What am I doing wrong? Can someone help me please? Thanks

Perhaps you should use the ZEROFILL attribute when you specify the
column definition.  However, you'll have to declare it at INT(6) ZEROFILL,
not INT(11) ZEROFILL if you want it to display with six digits.

>Scott Broderick

Thread
Zero's not being inputted in mysql databaseScott Broderick26 Feb
  • Re: Zero's not being inputted in mysql databaseChristopher Thompson26 Feb
  • Re: Zero's not being inputted in mysql databasePaul DuBois27 Feb