List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:August 13 1999 2:33am
Subject:Re: permanent SIGBUS in mysql 3.22.25 under Solaris 2.4
View as plain text
Maciek Uhlig wrote:

> In the evening my mysqld was running well. In the morning however I couldn't
> get the connection to it. I started truss -p at mysqld process and I saw
> mysqld looping with the following messages:
>
> setcontext(0x0018BD20)
> Incurred fault #5, FLTACCESS %pc000E412C
> siginfo: SIGBUS BUS_ADRALN addr=0x0000007D
> Received signal #10, SIGBUS [caught]
> siginfo: SIGBUS BUS_ADRALN addr=0x0000007D
>
> Is it known issue for this version under Solaris 2.4? How to find out what
> could be the reason of this behaviour? Now I started mysqld with logging but
> I'm not sure if such problem would be visible in the log.
>
> Regards,
>
> Maciek

The explanation is very simple :-) While you were sleeping, mysqld went
to a bar and got drunk!

On a serious note, I would say that there is something fundamentaly
wrong in your system setup - library corruption, or maybe corrupted
tables. Try the following:

- post with mysqlbug, so we can know more about your system
- see if mysqld is the only application that is broken
- bring in a source distribution, compile it with debug enabled, and run
mysqld and post the trace file.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com