List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 12 1999 8:47pm
Subject:RE: problems installation
View as plain text
At 4:20 PM -0400 8/12/99, JT Breitner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I do have a prob during the installation.
>>
>> Although I I run the config file with the swith --with-low-memory
>> I get the error message exhausted virtual memory during compiling with make.
>
>> Can anybody help me with this prob.
>

>This may sound like a simplistic approach, but are you sure your
>swap is working?  Is it on?

I don't know what version of MySQL the problem above was occurring on,
but anecdotally, I've observed that with 3.23.2, the parser compilation
seems to be more memory hungry than before.  I have two machines that
now require --with-low-memory that didn't prior to 3.23.2.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread