List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 12 1999 6:57pm
Subject:Re: BUG?: grant on database with wildcard in db name?
View as plain text
At 15:00, 19990812, Fabien COELHO wrote:
>So as to sum up (again) :
>
>1 - mysql has interesting access control capabilities,
>    namely to accept wildcards in database names.
>
>2 - some of these capabilities cannot be reached by the GRANT command.
>
>3 - but rather necessitate a direct INSERT in mysql tables,
>    what I found just a little bit annoying.
>
>4 - this is not a bug, but a feature;-)

I agree that this would be nice; it wouldn't break MySQL's GRANT
command's compatibility, it would just extend it (in the same
way that MySQL's permissions system is already extended).  It is
inconsistent for us to not allow granting privileges on databases
and tables with wildcards in them.  Since we'd ideally never want
anyone to modify the privilege tables directly, but always through
the GRANT command, this feature would be good.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Tim
Thread
BUG?: grant on database with wildcard in db name?Fabien COELHO12 Aug
  • BUG?: grant on database with wildcard in db name?sinisa12 Aug
    • Re: BUG?: grant on database with wildcard in db name?Fabien COELHO12 Aug
      • Re: BUG?: grant on database with wildcard in db name?sinisa12 Aug
        • Re: BUG?: grant on database with wildcard in db name?Fabien COELHO12 Aug
          • Re: BUG?: grant on database with wildcard in db name?Thimble Smith12 Aug