List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Luc Foisy Date:February 21 2002 6:33pm
Subject:RE: Problems finding parts of mysql on FreeBSD
View as plain text
Ok. I do indeed have /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh
And oops I do have /usr/local/libexec/mysqld

Are these supposed to be started up automatically?

I tried to run /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh start
	TMCBSD101# mysql-server.sh start
	mysql-server.sh: Command not found.
	TMCBSD101# ./mysql-server.sh start
	TMCBSD101# ps -ax
	TMCBSD101# mysql
	ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (61)

mysql-server.sh
	#!/bin/sh

	case "$1" in
	        start)
	                if [ -x /usr/local/bin/safe_mysqld ]; then
	                        /usr/local/bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql >
/dev/null & && echo -n ' mysqld'
	                fi
	                ;;
	        stop)
	                /usr/bin/killall mysqld > /dev/null 2>&1 && echo -n
' mysqld'
	                ;;
	        *)
	                echo ""
	                echo "Usage: `basename $0` { start | stop }"
	                echo ""
	                exit 64
	                ;;
	esac

so I tried
	TMCBSD101# /usr/local/bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql > /dev/null & &&
echo -n ' mysqld'
	[1] 503
	 mysqldTMCBSD101# mysql
	ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (61)
	[1]  + Done                          /usr/local/bin/safe_mysqld
--user=mysql > /dev/null

I am assuming this script is automatically added into a daemon somehows

	/usr/local/bin/safe_mysqld & -user=mysql > /dev/null

will load the mysql server. So why is this not performed at start up?

And if this script is used, what is mysqld used for??