List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:February 21 2002 6:00pm
Subject:Re: Problems finding parts of mysql on FreeBSD
View as plain text
In the last episode (Feb 21), Luc Foisy said:
> I didn't pick the operating system( I don't know it well at all ),
> and didn't do the install of mysql on this system, but now I have to
> figure out where things are and how to fix it. What I am use to, is
> installing on Red Hat with the rpm. ( if someone knows the
> differences in the operating systems and the setup of mysql, you can
> see why I am confused) The rpm is nice enough to put mysqld in the
> /etc/init.d and respective places on Red Hat The FreeBSD doesn't even
> have these locations, nor does it have a mysqld anywhere

Assuming you are using the mysql port (ports/packages are FreeBSD's
equivalent to RPMs.  See http://www.freebsd.org/ports ), the startup
scripts are in /usr/local/etc/rc.d, and mysqld lives in
/usr/local/libexec.

If you did not build using the port, then no startup scripts were
installed and you'll probably have to run mysqld_safe yourself from
/etc/rc.local.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped