List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Luc Foisy Date:February 21 2002 5:58pm
Subject:Problems finding parts of mysql on FreeBSD
View as plain text
I didn't pick the operating system( I don't know it well at all ), and
didn't do the install of mysql on this system, but now I have to figure out
where things are and how to fix it.
What I am use to, is installing on Red Hat with the rpm. ( if someone knows
the differences in the operating systems and the setup of mysql, you can see
why I am confused)
The rpm is nice enough to put mysqld in the /etc/init.d and respective
places on Red Hat
The FreeBSD doesn't even have these locations, nor does it have a mysqld
anywhere

We have the server rebooting every Monday morning ( why are we rebooting the
server? don't know, its the specifications set from above ) from a cron job
So, the mysql server is not starting up. Is there supposed to be some
version of the mysqld somewhere? Or am I expected just to call safe_mysqld
myself from cron?

Can someone please point me in the right direction? (unfortunately I don't
have time to learn the nature of FreeBSD at the moment)

Luc Foisy

Thread
Problems finding parts of mysql on FreeBSDLuc Foisy21 Feb
  • Re: Problems finding parts of mysql on FreeBSDDan Nelson21 Feb
RE: Problems finding parts of mysql on FreeBSDLuc Foisy21 Feb