List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tauren Mills Date:March 26 1999 9:43am
Subject:RE: Length of Database name field inconsistent
View as plain text
I just tried to upgraded my to 3.22.20 on my RedHat 5.2 linux installation
from 3.22.13.  Here is what happened:

[root@s1 packages]# rpm -Uvh MySQL-3.22.20a-1.i386.rpm
/usr/bin/mysqlbug conflicts with file from MySQL-client-3.22.13-beta-1
error: MySQL-3.22.20a-1.i386.rpm cannot be installed
[root@s1 packages]# rpm -Uvh MySQL-client-3.22.20a-1.i386.rpm
/usr/bin/mysqlbug conflicts with file from MySQL-3.22.13-beta-1
error: MySQL-client-3.22.20a-1.i386.rpm cannot be installed

So I did this:

[root@s1 packages]# rpm -Uvhi --replacefiles
MySQL-client-3.22.20a-1.i386.rpm
[root@s1 packages]# rpm -Uvh MySQL-3.22.20a-1.i386.rpm

And things seemed to install properly.

BUT...  The mysql database itself didn't get changed.  The database name
field is still 32 characters, not 64.  Do I need to uninstall MySQL and then
reinstall it to really upgrade?  If so, what is the easiest way to preserve
the users/hosts/databases in the mysql tables?  Should I just alter the
tables manually?  Or are there other field definitions that have changed
too?

Thanks,
Tauren

Thread
Length of Database name field inconsistentTauren Mills20 Mar
  • Re: Length of Database name field inconsistentPaul DuBois20 Mar
    • RE: Length of Database name field inconsistentTauren Mills20 Mar
      • RE: Length of Database name field inconsistentPaul DuBois20 Mar
        • RE: Length of Database name field inconsistentTauren Mills20 Mar
RE: Length of Database name field inconsistentTauren Mills26 Mar
  • RE: Length of Database name field inconsistentMichael Widenius28 Mar
Re: Length of Database name field inconsistentEd Carp28 Mar