List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 19 2002 6:13pm
Subject:Re: Generating SQL code?
View as plain text
At 11:14 -0600 2/19/02, Sterling J. Anderson wrote:
>I am going to be copying some tables from one DB to another and was
>wondering if it is possible to have MySQL output the SQL Create Table
>syntax?
>I know there are products that will do that (ie. MyPHPAdmin) but can
>MySQL do it? I'd rather not put anything extra on my server. Thanks.

Others have rightly pointed out mysqldump.  Within SQL itself,
you can use SHOW CREATE TABLE, at least if you have MySQL 3.23.19
or later.
Thread
Generating SQL code?Sterling J. Anderson19 Feb
  • Re: Generating SQL code?Varshavchick Alexander19 Feb
  • Re: Generating SQL code?John Cichy19 Feb
  • Re: Generating SQL code?Paul DuBois19 Feb