List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 26 1999 1:57am
Subject:Install script doesn't copy all files.
View as plain text
>>>>> "Super-User" == Super-User  <root@stripped>
> writes:

Super-User> 	libmysqlclient.so not copied to /opt/lib32 by installation script.
>> How-To-Repeat:
Super-User> 	make; make install
>> Fix:
Super-User> 	copy manually.  This may or may not be caused by permissions
Super-User> 	on a pre-existing version, though I doubt it as no error
Super-User> 	message is generated by the install script (makefile)
>> Submitter-Id:	Joel Caesar<submitter ID>
>> Originator:	Joel Caesar
>> MySQL support: none
>> Synopsis:	Install script doesn't copy all files.
>> Severity:	serious
>> Priority:	low
>> Category:	mysql
>> Class:		sw-bug
>> Release:	mysql-3.22.20a (Source distribution)

>> Environment:

Hi!

The libmysqlclient script is not copied to /opt/lib32 as this normally
is not needed;  libtool tries to arrange that you can use the compiled
clients without having to copy libmylsqlclient.so to the system lib
directory.

At least this works on Linux and Solaris when compiled with
--prefix=/usr/local/mysql ;  I don't know how this works on SGI.

Didn't you get a note about this when you did run 'make'?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Install script doesn't copy all files.(Super-User)25 Mar
  • Install script doesn't copy all files.Michael Widenius26 Mar