List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tod Harter Date:February 18 2002 8:14pm
Subject:Re: Porting from MsSQL to MySQL (VERRY XML RELATED)
View as plain text
On Monday 18 February 2002 13:05, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Feb 18), Marcelo Iturbe said:
> > Hello,
> > Currently I have an aplication which stores the information in an MsSQL
> > database in a straight forward manner, "insert into blah blah"
> >
> > However, I retrieve the information in XML format using the FOR XML
> > EXPLICIT statements that come with MsSQL 2000.
>
> You'll have to generate the XML in your application.   Here are a
> couple links (picked from a google search on "mysql xml select") to get
> you started:
>
> http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/12/13/perlxmldb.html
> http://www.nusphere.com/products/library/mysql_with_xml.pdf
> http://home.online.no/~runeberg/hauler/hauler.html

You might also look into the xml-dbms project, which is a good toolset for
some purposes, though it may not be applicable to your needs. One of these
days someone will get around to embedding a procedural language into MySQL,
then stuff like this will be pretty easy...

I vote for perl myself ;o).
Thread
Porting from MsSQL to MySQL (VERRY XML RELATED)Marcelo Iturbe18 Feb
  • Re: Porting from MsSQL to MySQL (VERRY XML RELATED)Dan Nelson18 Feb
    • Re: Porting from MsSQL to MySQL (VERRY XML RELATED)Tod Harter18 Feb