List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:February 18 2002 6:05pm
Subject:Re: Porting from MsSQL to MySQL (VERRY XML RELATED)
View as plain text
In the last episode (Feb 18), Marcelo Iturbe said:
> Hello,
> Currently I have an aplication which stores the information in an MsSQL
> database in a straight forward manner, "insert into blah blah"
>
> However, I retrieve the information in XML format using the FOR XML EXPLICIT
> statements that come with MsSQL 2000.

You'll have to generate the XML in your application.   Here are a
couple links (picked from a google search on "mysql xml select") to get
you started:

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/12/13/perlxmldb.html
http://www.nusphere.com/products/library/mysql_with_xml.pdf
http://home.online.no/~runeberg/hauler/hauler.html