List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay J Date:August 12 1999 11:01am
Subject:Re: Store pictures from Access to Mysql
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
From: FRed <fillon@stripped>
To: <mysql@stripped>
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 1999 4:15 AM
Subject: Store pictures from Access to Mysql
> Hi,
>
> I would like to store GIF or JPEG pictures into Mysql Blob from Access,
but
> when I try it, Access does not store GIF or JPGEG but OLE Object !!!! Does
> anyone know a solution ?
>
>            Frédéric Fillon

A search of the archive would have revealed countless references (in the
last week, even) to this topic. Here's one searchable archive:
http://207.98.221.253/Lists/

On this topic, however - perhaps someone (maybe me) will put together a page
debunking this idea before someone gets the bright idea to create a new file
system entirely with MySQL. (mysqlfs.o ??)

Store a link to the image. Yes, you can use BLOB's to store binary data, or
to store mime-quoted-printable binary data... but why? Store a link to the
image.

-Jay J

Thread
Store pictures from Access to MysqlFRed12 Aug
  • Re: Store pictures from Access to MysqlJay J12 Aug
    • Re: Store pictures from Access to MysqlFRed12 Aug
  • Re: Store pictures from Access to MysqlJay J12 Aug
Re: Store pictures from Access to Mysqlluuk12 Aug
  • Re: Store pictures from Access to MysqlDarrell Shifflett12 Aug