List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:March 26 1999 3:38am
Subject:Mysql/Perl Question?
View as plain text
This is probably not possible, but I would like to create a web form
that would give a person the ability to choose whatever field they want
with five drop down menus.
and then get the results from the database, something like the ODBC
query.

example-Name="FIRST" the choices could be fields from the table such as
<OPTION VALUE="dept">Department
</SELECT>

Then on the .pl file side can you say;
My $a = query->param("FIRST");
Then can you say connect to Mysql data base
My $command .= "select $a from table where $a=\"$$a\" ";
etc....
I run this at the command line and I get error with "select  from table
where " ""  so I guess my question is - Is this possible?  I only use
one choice above, but I would like to give a user five choices to select
whatever fields in what ever order.  Do I need to grab another variable
such a $b="" so that it has something to search???

Thanks in advance

Douglas  --

Thread
Mysql/Perl Question?Douglas Brantz26 Mar
  • Re: Mysql/Perl Question?Sasha Pachev26 Mar
Re: Mysql/Perl Question?Douglas Brantz26 Mar
  • Re: Mysql/Perl Question?Micheal Mc Evoy26 Mar
Re: Mysql/Perl Question?Alexander Keremidarski28 Mar