List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Reina Date:February 16 2002 7:38am
Subject:Statistical analysis query?
View as plain text
I'm stumped -- which isn't saying much because I'm hardly a scientist.
I am struggling to write a query that will tell me how many times a new
volunteer ( defined as a volunteer who has never worked a shift ) did
not show up for his shift (first shift).  From my data I would
eventually like to be able to say: a brand new volunteer does not show
up for his shift 1 in x times.

I have three tables:

volunteer
VID | Name
-----------------
524 | Joe Doe
254 | Karen Smith
485 | Bob Nesbit

shifts
SID | DATE          | VID
---------------------------
230 | 2000-01-28  | 584
231 | 2000-02-01  | 485
233 | 2000-02-03  |147
234 | 2000-02-04  | 584

no_show_shifts
SID | DATE            | VID
---------------------------
232 | 2000-02-01  | 259
239 | 2000-02-08  | 369

Is it possible to write a query that will solve this problem?  If so,
can anyone tell me how I can do it?
If not what other data do I need?  Any help is appreciated.

Richard

Thread
Statistical analysis query?Richard Reina16 Feb
  • Re: Statistical analysis query?Benjamin Pflugmann16 Feb
  • Re: Statistical analysis query?DL Neil16 Feb
  • Re: Statistical analysis query?Richard Reina16 Feb
Re: Statistical analysis query?Benjamin Pflugmann18 Feb