List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 10 1999 3:44am
Subject:Re: Creating mysql tables from Access2K via ODBC revisited
View as plain text
At 7:09 PM -0500 1999-12-09, Tupshin Harper wrote:
>I've seen earlier references to problems creating mysql tables from Access
>2K via ODBC.  The limitation has generally been attributed to Access, and
>while I'm willing to believe that, there is some strong evidence that the
>ODBC drive could actually be the primary issue.  For comparison, I tried to
>export tables from Access to MySQL(3.22.27 on Debian Linux) using
>MyODBC(2.50.29) and to MSSQL 7.0(SQL Server ODBC driver 3.70.06.23).  With
>MSSQL server tracing turned on, the create table statement that was
>generated was:
>
>CREATE TABLE "test_Country"("CountryID" int,"Country" nvarchar(50),"GLDigit"
>nvarchar(50))
>
>With MyODBC logging turned on, the create table statement was:
>CREATE TABLE ( middleint, varchar(50), varchar(50))
>
>which is striking  because of the complete lack of table and column names.
>
>While this could be a problem with Access and its use of ODBC, there is
>obviously something profoundly different happening between the two different
>ODBC drivers to cause Access to react so differently.
>
>Any thoughts?

On another list I read, someone pointed out that some problems with
Access 2000 are fixed in the current MDAC 2.1 that was released
recently by Microsoft.  Has anyone tried installing this and observed
whether or not it made a difference with MySQL-related problems?

http://www.microsoft.com/data/
http://www.microsoft.com/data/download_21242023.htm

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped