List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dag Sondre Hansen Date:December 3 1999 8:36am
Subject:Re: Access97 remembers password!
View as plain text
I 've never seen any other "easy" solution to the problem you describe, however I
connect to the server from several clients with different UIDs/PWDs using the same
MDB-file without any problems while using pass-through queries written in VB
instead of plain linked tables. This solves all problems I have encountered while
working with linked tables.

Of course this requires a time consuming complete rewrite of your application, but
in return you'll get a faster and more reliable client/server solution and you can
send pure MySQL SQL-statements directly to the server. If this is an option I can
offer you some code to make the job a little easier.

dagS